Top 10 Guide to North Hop Glasgow
Friday 12th May 2017
The North Hop Glasgow Festival is coming up pretty fast, with the opening session on Friday 16 June and two further sessions on Saturday 17 June at the super funky SWG3 in Glasgow’s west end! Whilst hard work, organising a North Hop Festival is a pretty cool gig as we come across all sorts of new and exciting food and drink concepts; as well as getting to spend time with some of our favourites...so we decided to make a list. Here’s a #top10* of what we are most looking forward to about #northhopgla!
*just like your mum, we don’t have favourites, so this list is in no particular order
1. St Andrews Brewing Co are making the special Glasgow Festival Brew and it’s a 6% Bramble Saison (*squeals*) and your token included in your ticket price gets you a cheeky half pint on arrival.
2. 10 Dollar Shake will be in the Cocktail Lounge serving their brand new Jindea Single Estate Tea Gin...surely cocktails that contain tea are good for you right!? #ginoclock
3. Blue Parrot Events Company are once again bringing the photo booth action to #northhopgla along with some fun festival furniture additions.
4. It’s a ‘summertime’ theme so the crew will be wearing colourful leis and the photo booth prop box is full of sunnies, beach balls, straw hats and flamingos (nothing says summertime like a flamingo!).
5. Persie Gin is making the limited edition Glasgow Festival Gin, a spiced and fruity number called Dog Days Gin. #welovegin
6. Loch Fyne Oysters...perfect match for...well all the drinks! #nuffsaid
7. Reekie’s Smokehouse with BBQ food porn...who doesn’t love BBQ!?
8. North Hop Farmhouse Festival Cider by Thistly Cross Cider will be there for all to enjoy and you can use your token for your first half pint... #ciderlove
9. Alternative rock favourites We Came From Wolves are headlining the Friday evening session.
10. Eyeball Brewing is bringing their new beer, Eyeball Orange, a 6.5% dark orange lager which offers a different perspective on the coffee and chocolate flavours of the dark malts.
11. James, from Out of Town Brewing (and GBBO) will be doing book signings of his awesome homebrew book, Brew, at their bar in the Beer Garden.
12. Bringing alternative indie post rock vibes to the North Hop stage, the band Foreignfox will headline the Saturday evening session and close the festival in style.
13. The Glasgow Distillery Co will be serving up their different editions of Makar Glasgow gin in perfect serve and cocktail form... #glasgowgin
14. Brewgooder help us #drinkbeergivewater and The Common Grind are socially and environmentally friendly, so drinking beer and coffee (and eating cake!) makes us feel good!
15. The super cute Magi-Beti from The Fizz Bar will be in the Cocktail Lounge serving up ‘fizz on tap’ along with a selection of special North Hop prosecco cocktails! #summerfizz
Ok, so as you can see there’s more than 10 there in our list, but it’s pretty easy to get carried away as we do have some awesome bars, breweries, food/market stalls and music acts coming to the festival! You can check out the full line-up here and limited tickets are available online here, so we will see you there. And don’t worry about bringing your sunglasses, you can borrow ours! 😎